Monday, May 11, 2009

Gracie LaRue Finds a Home and Heals a Broken Heart

Gracie LaRue
- posted 05/10/2009

From Melissa of Lisbon, IL

I lost my sweet girl Ruby Dee in March of 2009 to cancer at the young age of 5. She was totally healthly until she suddenly started having seizures due to the cancer. In a matter of 48 hours I had to make the hardest decision of my life...with many tears and wonderful memories I said good bye. I immediately decided that I wanted another dog. I started to check the classifieds as well as Petfinder. After a few days I found the cutest little puppy face! Her name at the time was Queenie. I called Jil and asked about her..she was still available and being fostered in a town 20 minutes away. My boyfriend and I went to meet her. I instantly loved her...from the first tug on my shoelace. After taking a day to decide, I called Jill back and said we would take her. It was a few days before we could pick her up because she had to be spayed and micro-chipped. It's been fun and crazy. Things are now settling and training is getting much easier. Gracie has put a smile back on my face and I thank God, Petfinder and my Sweet Ruby Dee everyday for bringing Gracie LaRue into my life! Thanks to Jill and Homeless Animal Rescue Team as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment