Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I Saved Sally So She Could Save Me

I have always felt a kinship with animals and volunteered occasionally to help out when I could to ease the passion I have for animals till I was adopted by Sally. When I decided to foster Sally with her seven siblings I did not know that she would change my path in life. This entire littler was incredible. All the puppies except Sally were growing and developing beautifully. I took her to the vet on many occasions only to find that she had digestive issues and could not process her proteins. Her medications were going to be extraordinary and she still was at a very high risk of not surviving.

Sally had a special gift of being sweet and loving and she became my constant companion and friend, In order to try to get her healthier I chose to go holistic and cooked special foods and treats for her. She was fed every two hours by spoon for almost eight weeks. I have never seen an animal try so hard to improve her little worn out body. Her siblings were adopted to wonderful families but she was not ready to find her new home. Throughout the next three months Sally has thrived and was finally put up for adoption and although it was the hardest thing I have ever done my little girl found the perfect family.

Just last week I watched, with tears in my eyes, her walk away, very healthy (no residual effects) with her new Mom and Dad. I am not sure I saved her life I believe she has saved mine. I now work for PRBJ doing what I have a passion for. Sally's plight and love will impact so many because I now will be able to help so many other animals. Thank you Sally


Karen DeLaPuente
Sanford, FL

No comments:

Post a Comment