Monday, October 24, 2011

Fleeter Finds His Final Home

Our adopted greyhound Chance died suddenly just after I had a total knee replacement surgery. I was there when it happened and it broke my heart that I couldn't help him in any way. My husband called the Colorado Greyhound Adoption agency to let them know he was gone and so they could warn the people who adopted his brother about the anyeurism that might be lurking waiting to strike. I was in no way ready for a new dog but my husband talked me into it with the age old argument of not being selfish since we had a good home to offer.

When my husband talked to the adoption representative it was mentioned that he had a dog named Fleeter that had been previously adopted and had been relinquished with accusations that he was agressive. Naturally he would be harder to place with that black mark on his record. We spoke to his foster Mom and she said he was very thin when he was returned and he was more than a little skittish when he came to visit us.

He met our other dogs and seemed to settle right in though he was and remains a bit clingy. He had never been aggressive, is a sweet sweet boy and he has become a much loved member of our household. He sleeps on his back, legs in the air and snores-couldn't get much more comfortable that that!

Sheri Sazpansky
Denver, CO

No comments:

Post a Comment