Sunday, March 4, 2012

Maggie Mae

Maggie was found as a stray down south when she was less than a year old. We were searching pet finder for a companion for our 4 year old rescue dog, Ava, when her cute little face popped out at me.

I knew immediately that this was the dog for us! Our adoption wasn't easy though. I was warned that a 4ft. fence may not be high enough, because she can jump that high! Also, due to previous travel arrangements and pick-up conflicts, we had to postpone our adoption and hope that Maggie would still be available when we returned! It was fate!

A month later we took her home. I swear she knew it was her forever home. This little girl came right in like she owned the place (she does). Maggie is very smart. She knew fetch, sit, and come when we got her and loves to play ball and frisbee. She was easily crate and house trained. When it's raining or snowing, this silly little girl goes down a full flight of stairs on her front legs! After only 1yr. with us, Maggie can be trusted off leash! She has no desire to leave my side! In fact, she's helping me write her story! Thank you Forever Home Rescue!

Joanne Paul
Bridgewater, MA

No comments:

Post a Comment