Monday, September 7, 2009

"Sweet" Sadie

After our dog Samantha passed away at 17 years old I could not bear going home to an empty home. So I kept visiting a kill shelter which was about a 45 minute drive, looking for a new puppy. One day I came across a litter of pups that had just been dropped off but they were in quarantine until they got fixed, a check up and their shots. I kept going back daily until they were released to be adopted. I was first in line to adopt a puppy they named Sweetie, a 6 week Lab, Boxer mix.

I was so emotional waiting in line to do the paperwork people thought I was crazy. She and I hugged the whole way home where she was welcomed to our family. Our "Sweet" Sadie is now about 4 years old and brings us more joy than I can express, I only hope her brother and sisters got a good home too and are not tied up to a tree in someone's back yard.

Sadie is the queen of our home and enjoys sleeping in our bed while were are at work, when we come home we go for a walk then we usually swim together in the pool, she loves the pool. Sadie also loves boating, going to the beach and she is gentle with our cats too, all 3 of them.

To anyone who has lost pet I highly recommend jumping back in and getting a new one, I'm not sure who is luckier the pet that is saved from a shelter or the human who receives their love and companionship.

Jennifer Zulian
Port Richey, FL


1 comment:

  1. I am pretty sure, that in almost all cases, it is a big WIN-WIN.....

    ReplyDelete