Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Emma

Hi, my name is Emma, I am 8 yrs old and spent my life as a puppy factory in a puppy mill. I was rescued just as six other dogs and I were on our way to be euthanized. What a terrible waste that would have been. I was adopted about six weeks after I was rescued, and was so happy to go to my new home. When I got in the van I went to sleep and woke up only when we arrived home. I am as sweet as pie, and as good as I can be. I had several health problems like hookworm, ear and bladder infections, and Giardia, but now I am well and eating food I really like.

I am keeping my petite, girlish figure however. I love daily walks, looking out the storm door glass, rolling in the grass in my big back fenced yard, getting brushed, and most of all, laying near my people. I get pretty anxious when one of them is not in sight, but I am becoming more confident with time and am getting along fine with the two cats, Lilly and Lucy. This is the life I should have had all along. Thank you NMDR!

Courtesy of National Mill Dog Rescue

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Emma, I am so happy for you and your family....You are a treasure! This IS the life you should have had all along. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete