Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Scarlet's joyful spirit

Scarlet was dumped at a shelter from a very young age and had been living there for about 6 months. A friend of mine was working at the shelter at the time so I would browse the dogs they had up for adoption out of interest. I saw Scarlet on the site one day and asked my friend about her – she was about to be put down as she was going kennel mad and no one had shown any interest in her. I thought it was heartbreaking that this poor girl had been brought into the world, spent the first 6 months of her life in a kennel and then was simply going to be killed – no animal deserves an existence like that. I asked my friend about rescuing her, spent some time convincing my parents to let me adopt her and she was shipped to me 3 days later. I’ve had her for 2 years now and it’s been wonderful spending that time with her. She’s an absolute joy to have around and I’m so glad that I rescued her – she has the most wonderful spirit and I feel great knowing I was able to keep it alive.


Josie Eldred
Katoomba, Australia

1 comment:

  1. What a lucky break that Scarlet found somebody in time. It's so sad when dogs are left for ages -- I wonder if the fabled "black dog syndrome" had anything to do with Scarlet's going without a forever home for so long?
    - - - - - - - -
    Jack@PDB
    dog beds and more

    ReplyDelete