Sunday, January 9, 2011

Hunter, my Thanksgiving dog

I adopted Hunter three years ago at the upper credit humane society. I first met Hunter when I was volunteering, there were three puppies. Freddy (aka Hunter), Gunner and Jasper. All male pointer lab mixes.

Of all the puppies, Freddy's antics stole my heart. Seemed he was always getting into trouble. All of the brothers had their own health problems. Hunter had bad teeth, Gunner had a sore under his eye, and Jasper had a bad leg.

The shelter's Troopers fund, helped Freddy get some teeth pulled. Shortly after the operation, he was adopted by a nice couple. Both of his brothers followed soon after. I was sad to see him go, I'd fallen in love with him.

A few months later I was walking down the shelter's hallway. I didn't know it at the time, but Freddy had been returned. As I reached the end of the hallway I could hear a familiar barking. When I opened the back door. Sure enough, there was Freddy.

Going crazy in his fenced in area. He saw me and lept onto the six foot fence and started climbing. I ran towards him, made it three steps before Freddy was over the top. Racing towards me. He lept and I caught him, we both fell to the ground. Me laughing, and he began yipping and licking my face excitedly. I looked into his lopsided face and knew he was the one for me.

The only problem was convincing my parents. That wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, and I brought Freddy home Nov, 21 2007. Took him to my cottage the next day, and discovered his passion. Running and Hunting. So I renamed him Hunter. After I adopted him he had many operations due to a birth defect.

He is truly a blessing.

Jessie
Georgetown, ON, Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment