Saturday, March 5, 2011

Most Faithful Of Friends

When we first met I was 6 and he was 2. We found him on the Golden Retriever Rescue of Michigan ( Franklin, MI. USA) website. His name was Brutus, we named him Mickey. He played with me for hours every day. He became my very best friend, I was his girl.

Of course as many adopted dogs Mickey had his problems. He would run away every chance he got. Eventually he started growing out of his 'bad habit'. I will never forget the first time he ran to me instead of the opposite direction, he ran to me like nothing else in the world mattered.

I truly believe that he is the most amazing animal I have ever, and maybe will ever know. At age 13 we learned that he had cancer. I was devastated, I was not ready to lose him. After much discussion we decided that we would do the surgery needed for the cancer, which was very risky at his age. By some miracle my boy came home after the surgery healthy and happy.

Mickey just celebrated his 17th birthday. I don't know how he keeps going but every day he does is an inspiration to us all.

I think our lives are best summed up like this. We found each other and we became a team, our lives could not have been as wonderful apart as it has been together. When the time comes when we must part ways, I know my spirit will ache and my body will cry but he will always be a part of me, watching me from above. And when my time comes he will be there waiting for me just as he always has, for I am his and he is mine. Very best friends.

Anna Hobig
Sterling Heights, MI

No comments:

Post a Comment