Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sophie just needed a manicure, some patience and love, of course

Sophie was given away on Craigs List. She was 5 years old, a cocker mix. I offered to take her and he said he had given her away already. Fine, I just didn't think she had a chance if they took her to the humane society at her age. About a month later, he called me and said the guy brought her back, would I take her. I went to pick her up. Her nails were about 2 inches long, had never been trimmed. We called the vet about them and they told us to work on them slowly, but in the first week, she broke one and I took her in.

They had to put her to sleep to cut her nails, so we had them all done. When we came home from work each day, she would get so excited and lose a little urine. I am sure this was the reason the guy returned her.

When we came home, we ignored her and took the dogs out on the porch before paying any attention and that took care of the problem and now she has no problem at all. She is now 11 years old and loves her attention. She is getting grey.


Peggy Struwe
Lincoln, NE

No comments:

Post a Comment