Saturday, March 2, 2013

The third time was a charm...just like Shawna is a charmer

A facebook love story.... the picture that changed our lives!


Here is the short version as the story unfolded right on facebook.
Meet Shawna! She is looking for her forever family and is up for adoption at TARA. September 2, 2010
Look at that face!  How could anyone resist!
Shanda: Wow I would be very interested if she was closer... September 3, 2010 at 3:26am

Sherrie: someone might be able to meet you half way, Shanda, if you would fill out an application! Think about it, she is such an awesome playful girl... September 3, 2010 at 7:37am

Shanda: Today my life was filled with love and joy, I got to see my "Shawnee" girl face to face for the first time, she made it all the way to Oregon. How can I ever thank all those who took such good care of her all the time she spent at the shelter then the rescue. Adopted 3 times and returned, she was meant to be mine. I can't begin to say Thank You enough all those who helped transport her such a long way from Independence, MO to Eugene, OR September 26, 2010 11am

It's been 2 years and I still am amazed that this girl made it all the way to Oregon. We love her so much, this photo changed our lives forever. I still like to come back and reflect on the first time ever I saw her face.... September 26, 2012

Shanda Benson
Medford, OR

No comments:

Post a Comment