Sunday, May 19, 2013

Miss Dakota


It had been a few months since my sheltie passed away and I was hoping that a new friend would help ease my pain. The timing was right when I went to the local animal shelter and came across an emaciated, beautiful, friendly girl. She was middle-aged and had been in the hospital for quite some time before I met her. She stole my heart when she gave me kisses as soon as she came out to meet me.

I was hooked! I fattened her up and we walked everywhere - she loved to walk and we went all over town. She came with me wherever she could and loved to go for rides, just to be with me. She continued to have her medical issues, but she was the sweetest, friendliest dog and I enjoyed the next seven years with her.

Pamela Lunny
Stamford, CT

No comments:

Post a Comment