Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Packard

My wife rescued Packard, an Australian cattle dog, from the Denver Dumb Friends League shortly before we met. Over the next 8 years, the three of us have been inseperable. Packard goes everywhere with us. We even plan our vacations so they are dog friendly. Packard loves to kayak, hike, camp and chase squirrels. He is a source of never ending happiness and unconditional love. He is 9 years old and still has the energy of a puppy. Everybody loves his big blue eyes and his love of people. There has never been a better co-pilot in our lives! I wish more people turned to shelters for their companions. I know we will always rescue our future companions. We currently live in the burbs will soon be moving to the mtns of New york where he can live out his retirement years in style and truly be the nature loving dog that he is!


Dave
Croydon, PA

1 comment:

  1. Hello....Australian cattle dogs are wonderful companions and I know that first-hand because I am a professional pet sitter who takes care of one, Piper, every time his parents go on vacation. He's an old man but he acts like a puppy and he smiles more than any dog I know. I'm glad you have Packard and I'm sure he is happy to have you as a friend!

    ReplyDelete