Monday, October 18, 2010

My best friends

Living in the Dominican Republic since 25 years, found many homeless dogs & cats, still have 17 dogs ( from 4 months to 14 years of age) and 2 cats ( 13 y) over 700 birds.. Here are many street dogs or dogs left behind when people leave again. People just forget they need a home.

I do all I can to help my little friends, not always easy, but I LOVE THEM and they love me!

Snack time is their favorite, then destroy the garden, but they are happy - so am I.

"Bacardi" I found with my daughter Cassandra on Bacardi Island, close to Samana in 2006, she was almost dead, no fur, just bones, my brothers son said: she is the ugliest dog he ever saw...there I knew I have to take her home also cause nobody else would, even I was in a bad financial time. Today Bacardi is a beautiful lady and loves to fetch stones.

Karla, a golden retriever mix, I found on X-mas eve, someone left her in the street for back problems, today she is 14 - we share our back problems since then. She is one of my best dogs.

In Nov. 09 I found 3 female puppies in a tree trunk, in june 2010 a mother with her 3 pups - almost starved to death in an abandoned house. Today they are healthy and happy. My most favorite was Max, 1st. one I saved from being drowned, he later was together with Karla. Max was ALWAYS with me, specially in bad times I had. He had 8 pups with Karla, 6 I kept, 3 are still with me 13 1/2 by now. Max died with 16! God do I miss him...but one day we meet on the Rainbow bridge.

Andrea Thumeyer
Sosua, Dominican Republic

No comments:

Post a Comment