Sunday, April 28, 2013

I think this is a COOL dog!

So at the time when I got Shasta I had just given up my other dog.(A pit cross) So there was some sadness there but it was good too. It was a day at the street fair in a little town we lived in and there was puppies there. I asked for one being only 14 at the time. (Now about to turn 18)

I couldn't get one. But my mom did say that we could go ask a friend about going with us later that week to amusement park. I couldn't wait for that and it sounded fun since we had met them there anyways. So as we pulled into there drive way there was a dog changed onto a dog house.

She barked at us but all I could say was "That dog is cool" My mom thought I had lost it. As we went in and talked the lady of the house said that the dog was born right there but couldn't come in because it would poop in the house.

So it lived there on the side of there house. After some more talking and a little begging my mom said yes that we could take Shasta home and try her out for a week. Once there I groomed her all up (Mostly just shaved her down) so she could come into our house.

For the next 4 hours I was in my room with her just working on getting her to come over to me. After that and having me leave for work with my mom and so forth I found out she would poop in the house if not locked in a crate. So we worked on that and just getting her used to people.

It took close to 3 years before she wouldn't run from my mom and we could pass her food without her having to hide to eat it. Now she thinks she's a small dog and happy as ever. She's also really good with kids and everything. So good that she didn't even mind my mom's crazy old dog.


Serena Cheney
Salem, OR

No comments:

Post a Comment