Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Courage to love another dog

In 1999 I tragically lost my dog, my best friend of 7 years, Easton, an Afghan hound that adopted me when I met with a a breeder who couldnt sell him. An inexperienced pet sitter lost control of Easton and he ended up far off in the back hills of town and hit by a truck on the local interstate. The State Trooper that discovered him buried him on the spot since he was unrecognizable.

It took me several years to ever be able to even want another dog in my life but one day my niece was looking for a puppy to add to her new house she just bought with her hubby, so as I was looking on Petfinder.com to assist her... I found SKYLAR a Pyrenees/Cattle dog mix listed. After the adoption process was complete with Sue Rhoades at Follow Me Home Rescue, Skylar was transported to CT from MO. and settled in nicely with me.

However, being 8 months old SKYLAR needed a companion to rough play with so my hubby and I went to the local shelter and found & adopted a sweet, well trained 8 month old Pitbull Terrier, TYSON, now we're one big happy family and even the 2 cats I adopted from shelters 2 years ago are all getting along well! Please Adopt. There's so many sweet animals out there that need your love and support. - Kim Hall

Kim
Seymour, CT

No comments:

Post a Comment