Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Two Awesome Puppies

Five months ago my mom found a starving, pregnant American bulldog lying in the middle of the road fighting to stay alive. My mom took her in, she had the worse case of mange we have ever seen. She took her to the vet, got her doctored up, and named her Susie. Three days later Susie had 12 puppies! Sadly only 4 survived. They all had the mange which developed fast. My mom then took the puppies to the vet and got them started on medication. My boyfriend and I were looking for an English bulldog and almost considered spending the money on a registered puppy. When we got the call from my Mom about the puppies, we flew down to Florida from Indiana on Thanksgiving to bring them home. It's been quite an experience getting them on the road to good health. We've invested a lot of time and money in Milhouse and T-bone but they are the coolest dogs ever and the best entertainment! My mom is keeping Susie and in the process of finding great homes for the other two puppies. I have the most respect for what she did for these animals and hurt that someone let Susie get into that condition. People should not get pets if they aren't willing to spend the money on taking care of them!

Amanda
Indianapolis, IN

No comments:

Post a Comment