Monday, March 29, 2010

Our Pepe

While eating dinner one evening a news flash came on about a water problem at the animal shelter about 40 mi from us. They reported they were going to have to find shelter for about 50 animals or the least adoptable would be euthanized. I volunteer for a rescue group and decided to jump in and see what we could do. I went on line and saw Pepe - that was it! I went early the next morning with my husband and other rescue and he came "hobbling" out with a broken leg, skin and bones, ear mites but with the most eager look to be loved in his big ol eyes. I picked him up and we knew he was going home with us after he lathered me in kisses as though he was waiting for me! The vet thought he was about 9 mos to 1 yr old.

After getting him all fixed up, he has been the most loving little dog ever and has paid us back much more than we have invested. He entertains all he meets with his personality and "talking" abilities. He goes to Petsmart Playtime each week and is always a big hit, we take him to a nursing home once in awhile where he also showers love on everyone. People do not know what they are missing by not giving these wonderful animals a second chance at life - they are enternally greatful. Most of all we're blessed to have him in our life and we will be celebrating his 7th birthday on April 1st with a party at Playtime.


Carol Favre
Raleigh, NC

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I can't believe no one has commented about your handsome Pepe because his background story is so heartwarming! I am so glad you adopted Pepe and he is obviously grateful to have picked you as his momma! So wonderful that you take him to a play group and to the nursing home on a regular basis! Thanks for sharing your story with the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete