Monday, November 23, 2009

Jada, My Best Friend!

My husband found an abandoned and terribly sick puppy on the side of the road as he was coming home from work one night. She looked to be about 7 weeks old, starved and shaking with fear. We debated on what to do with her, thinking we cannot possibly house another animal, as we already had 6 dogs. But when she looked up at us with those beautiful green eyes, that's all it took, she had us hooked. We immediately named her Jada as representation of those beautiful jade-green eyes. Although they turned brown a few weeks later, the name stuck. For 2 months, my husband took Jada to the vet for weekly treatments for worms and mange. She has grown to be so beautiful, so sweet, so loyal, very smart, but most of all, my best friend. She has so much love to give, and I feel so lucky to have her. She has gone to work with my husband everyday since the day we got her. I always joke and say, "Who'd of ever thought this homeless, mangy, stray dog would someday have a full-time job?" And this is my rescue story of my best friend, Jada.

Dianne
Brandon, MS

No comments:

Post a Comment