Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sweet Amy

About 10 years ago, I was working at a veterinary clinic. Someone brought in their 9 month old puppy that had gotten her leg stuck in a trap or barbwire fence. Her leg was in bad shape. We amputated her toes, and knew it was possible that we may have to amputate her leg. Her family was told that they would have to keep her inside (they had been keeping her outside) and treat her leg daily. They felt that was more "work" than they wanted, so they asked the vet to euthanize the puppy. The puppy was one of the sweetest we had ever met. The vet declined to euthanize the puppy saying that we would try and find her a home. The puppy was black and part pit bull, so she might not be the easiest to adopt out. But her personality was second to none! Well, she came home with me and I named her Amy. I began to treat her leg, and she healed remarkably well. She has been such a wonderful addition to our family all these years. I've often said that I think Amy is the perfect dog with her heart of gold!
Sara
Pickerington, OH

No comments:

Post a Comment