Sunday, June 14, 2009

In the clearing stands a boxer...

I came across this site (Nevada SPCA) and I simply love it! I rescued a 4.5 yr old Boxer from the Nevada SPCA in Las Vegas a little over 2 months ago. He was under weight and stressed out! He is now happy and healthy and the best gift ever to myself!

I had been wanting a boxer puppy, and couldnt afford to purchase one. I came across "Apollo", now named Duke on the Nevada SPCA website. I asked my boss if I could take an extended lunch, there was a dog I wanted to adopt. He allowed me to do that. I have been blessed with a wonderful pet, who is sooo smart, well mannered, and gorgeous. He sleeps with me every night, if I ask him to. He loves kids, all people and all other animals.

We are frequenters of the dog parks and Petsmart. I have found another boxer, which is a female I am wanting to adopt as well. I really want Duke to have a playmate. It breaks my heart someone let Duke go. How could they? In the same breath, I am glad they did, I have an amazing dog! Kudos to all who rescue!!!! This site is a great place to continue to contribute to the ones in need!!

Please pray for Duke and me, that we recieve "Dulce" into our lives, shall that be GOD's will :o)
Thank you!
Jenny and Duke

Jenny
Las Vegas, NV

No comments:

Post a Comment