Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Pooch from Heaven

We were searching rescue sites online to adopt a dog when I saw Dylan.

He was at a rescue facility, coincidentally named "Pooch Heaven". The minute I saw him I told my wife "that is the dog I have wanted all my life". We filed an application, and were fortunate enough to be selected to meet Dylan. He had been badly abused and would only cower in one corner when he first came home. Now he is a normal happy dog, who loves his walks and his family.

We thought we were rescuing him, but he rescued us, with nothing but pure love in his heart. He saw us through some difficult times, including the passing of my father. He always made my father smile. Dylan would sit on his lap, and I am sure he knew he was providing my father comfort. I feel a deep connection with Dylan, I think he is an Angel we needed and can't imagine my life without my best friend.

Kevin
Bakersfield, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment