Saturday, June 27, 2009

The stories differ...but all have the same message - Rescue Dogs bring happiness to a home

I adopted my dog Petey from the Houston Humane Society on March 10, and it was the best thing I've done in a long time. I couldn't have asked for a more loving pet. He is the best!

My dog Petey is a full blooded English Springer Spaniel, and although I didn't go looking for that specifically, he found me, so to speak. I couldn't walk away from those eyes and that face, and I had looked for a month prior to deciding on him. And went back to that same shelter twice - because I couldn't get him out of my mind.

He is with me, obeys every command, makes me smile every day, and poses like he's modeling for American Outdoors magazine or something, everytime he sees a duck.

I hope others will feel the same when it comes to finding a new friend to enrich their lives. So many unwanted and unloved pets go to waste each day in shelters where they may never leave alive. I just can't see spending hundreds of dollars to own a status symbol.

Still, others wait, and I can't take them all. But Petey is the second dog I've adopted over the years, and I couldn't put a price on the love he gives me - he is awesome! I've always heard you can't go looking for love and although I was looking for a special dog that day, I just knew the right one would find me - and he did.
Candi Warren
Nassau Bay, TX

No comments:

Post a Comment