Monday, July 27, 2009

Chispa: the new spark of my life

This summer my sister Elena and I decided to excersice and began going to track. One of those afternoons we met Victoria (victory), a pregnant dog that was part of the huge pack that starves to death there while our town's governor does nothing to protect them.

We took Victoria home after she melted our hearts with her painful eyes starring at us and begging for love and compassion. Our plan was to take her to the Humane Society shelter at the Metropolitan Area the next day, but Victoria had other plans.

She had nine puppies the next day and we took care of all of them and her for a month. Afterwards we took her and seven of her puppies to the shelter. We kept the smallest two with us and found a home for Capita'n (captain) while Chispa (spark) , the smallest one, is still with us because she was still too vulnerable and small.

Chispa won my heart over and I found myself becoming her mommy. Chispa and I spend our days together and she is becoming stronger and more playful each day.

I love Chispa so much it hurts to know that people are capable of abandoning potential friends just like that.

Liomarys
Cidra, Puerto Rico


Courtesy of The Animal Rescue Site
Click the link and help feed animals at no cost to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment