Friday, July 3, 2009

Rigley - The Man of the House

My husband and I agreed we wanted to adopt a dog in the spring of 2006. I started looking on Petfinder.com and instantly knew it would be tough picking just one. After inquiring about a few dogs here and there (one was a biter, one didn't like people in general), I saw "Mutton". He was adorable and I knew he was the one. He was located at a shelter in Longview, WA. After we called to see if he was still available, we took the day off to go see him. After a long drive, I was very anxious to meet who we would soon call "Rigley".

My heart broke walking into that shelter and I would have adopted all the animals in there that day if I could have. We walked down to where Rigley was and I loved him right away. We learned that he was found on the street at one point and was in no way being taken care of. We adopted him that day and I'm so thankful we did. It didn't take long for Rigley to get used to us and he soon realized he was safe and HOME. We've all come to the realization that Rigley is the "man of the house," and due to his charm, stubbornness and personable characteristics, we're wrapped around his little paws.

Jinger Hendricks
Tacoma, WA

1 comment:

  1. Riley, you had me at Hello....You are one beautiful, loving doggie....

    ReplyDelete