Thursday, July 9, 2009

Our Personal Sky

I was watching the website that a volunteer did to help kennel dogs find a new owner. In Portugal, if kennel dogs don't find a new home within 8 days they are put to sleep. In that day there were so many small puppies... 2 and 3 weeks old... I decided I want a new addition to my family and I knew that a municipal kennel is no place for little puppies like those. So I went there, I waited 2 hours... And came home with the smallest 3 week old puppy of the kennel. In fact she was so small but with such a huge belly that she looked like a mouse, not a dog.

When I took her to a vet, they said she could die because she was full of worms. I felt so bad for her... She almost stopped eating in the first week but I said, "No, you are going to eat and grow up healthy." And so it was. Now she is 8 months old and she is beautiful, a true companion, sweet, and has a very deep sense of protection. We simply love her... She brought union to our family... We named her Lani, that means sky in Hawaiian.
Sofia Setubal,
Portugal

No comments:

Post a Comment