Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My Sweet Sadie

One night my fiance and I were sitting out front and heard something whimpering in the neighbor's bushes, then here comes this poor dog covered in grease with gashes in her face, limping up to me from the other yard with these sweet eyes staring at me saying "please don't leave me out here". From that point I was hooked. We couldn't call the pound because we knew they would put her down because she was too hurt and because she was a pit bull. So the only thing I could do was keep for the night and take her to vet in the morning as I didn't have the money to call the emergency vet.

Long story short - I didn't think she would even make it through the night. But she did. And, we took her to the vet to find out that she had been run over and the car actually crushed the ball in one of her hip joints.

Well, after many, many tears and talks with the doctor - I finally worked out a payment plan to pay for the $500-plus it would to take to fix her. So we worked all that out and they replaced the ball in her hip, cleaned her up. When they brought her to me a few days later I couldn't even recognize her - she was actually white! When I left her there she was black from all the grease!

Well it wasn't an easy recovery, but thankfully it worked, and now she can outrun her new buddy (pictured with her). You would never believe how much she has improved! Not to mention she is the sweetest thing in the whole world, she definitely gives Pit Bulls a good name. Sadie was absolutely worth all the work and money!!!

Lexi Waldrop
Midland, TX

Courtesy of The Animal Rescue Site

Best manual for obedience training…immediate download…Do-It-Yourself Dog Training Manual

No comments:

Post a Comment