Sunday, July 26, 2009

Rosebud

Speeding down a very busy 4-lane road in rush hour traffic I saw a puppy sitting on the sidewalk, then suddenly dash across all 4 lanes of honking cars and past mine, then down a side street. I made a quick turn, hoping to keep her from being hit, but she had disappeared. The next night at the same spot I saw the same puppy sitting like she was waiting for a bus, then dart out across all 4 lanes and stop in front of my car to play with a rock! I threw on my emergency break and flashers and scooped her up, shielding her from the other cars with my body while they honked, tires squealed and the line of drivers behind me cursed. I was shaking so hard when I got back in I could barely drive, but reached into the back seat and felt a soft muzzle in my hand and heard a very deep sigh.

I knew my brother would be upset with me for bringing another rescued dog home as I had 9 cats, all rescued, dumped on me and even willed, and with dogs it always turned into an expensive tragedy when I found out they could not be saved. I burst in with "I had to grab this dog but I promise I won't try to keep her and her name is Rosebud..." My brother smiled and said "How do you know her name is Rosebud?" I thought for a minute and said "I don't know how I know her name but I'm quite sure!" (no collar and she was quite sick from roaming the streets for a long time) He knew that it was meant to be. Luckily she loves cats, though they think she's a bit "nosey".

Claudia Kell
Wilmington, NC

Best manual for obedience training…immediate download…Do-It-Yourself Dog Training Manual

No comments:

Post a Comment